In case you did not hear it’s the summer of Ayurveda.
If you are not familiar, it’s an ancient living tradition that roots back over 5000 years in India. Ayurveda means the Science of Life and there is no wonder I have gravitated back to this tradition because it’s a holistic model of health, healing and living.
Bottom line, I am digging it.
If you are looking for a reset, this may be it.
If you are looking for change up your routine, your health and your life, this may be it.
What I love about Ayurveda is that it focuses on the individual and their personal constitution to cultivate health and healing. Health is wealth and while we live in a day in age of chronic illness, cancer and numerous dis-eases, Ayurveda returns with ancient wisdom and knowledge that we can incorporate in our daily lives, take back our power and return to balance in harmony with ourselves and nature.
So, Good Morning!
Are you just waking up?
Here are some suggestions for a morning routine or ritual. This is adapted from the book The Book of Ayurveda by Judith H. Morrison.
- As you wake up lie in bed for a few minutes and become aware how your body is feeling, what you are thinking and your attitude. If you wake up with a crappy attitude, you will have a crappy day. Give gratitude for your body, your breathe and the ability to change your mind, attitude and possibly perceptions. Keep your heart open and focus on all the positive possibilities while giving thanks for all that you do have, even if it’s just giving thanks for breathing.
- Rub your palms together an then hold or gently rub your face. Ahhh you have a beautiful face! Feel the energy and vitality that runs through you.
- Greet yourself in the Mirror, ” Good Morning Sunshine!” A reminder that you love and respect yourself.
- Go to the Potty. Elimination is important in more ways than one.
- Scrape your tongue. Yep. Scrape it with a teaspoon or tongue scraper. It’s a thing. This stimulates your digestive/immune system. If you have excess ama (not the hugging saint), ama which is gunk in your body this will help clear some of it.
- Clean your teeth and learn about oil pulling.
- Clean your nasal passages. You can do some deep breathing along with becoming one with your net pot and then a few drops of sesame oil to lub up the nasal passages. Another homework assignment fo you to look into.
- Yoga and Meditation time! Get it on.
- Oil your skin. I think of all of this like a vehicle tune up. Most people take better care of their cars than their body and our body is our vehicle for life, so take care of all the functions with tender loving care.
- Take a warm shower or bath.
- Dress in fresh clean and comfy clothes. Research colors that help your Dosha, your personal constitution.
- Eat a clean, quality breakfast according to your constitution.
You can take a Dosha Quiz to see where you are.
If you want to dive deeper into Ayurveda with me I recommend checking out what Gaia has to offer — take advantage of the free trial to check it out!
Ayurveda, Yoga, Meditation and More with Gaia Online
Answer life’s deeper questions and go beyond the mainstream narrative with Gaia— a member-supported media network of truth seekers and believers empowering an evolution of consciousness. Explore over 8,000 ad-free, streaming titles that challenge modern paradigms and allow you to manifest the reality that defines your being. Explore with a FREE TRIAL.
Also, don’t forget to schedule your free consultation today too. We can talk about Ayurveda and more.